So, my friends and I are getting ready to fight Moon Lord, but there's a big problem: We can't find a good armor set. I was hoping to get either the Stardust or Solar Flare armor, but now I realize that it needs Luminite which only drops from Moon Lord. What's the best armor before beating Moon Lord?
closed as primarily opinion-based by Wrigglenite♦, arghtype, Gigazelle, Damek, Virusbomb Sep 17 '18 at 13:38
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
The last major boss before the Moon Lord is Plantera, whose defeat causes Chlorophyte to begin to spawn, which (eventually) gives you access to the following:
- Chlorophyte (Melee, Ranged, and Spell options)
- Shroomite (Chlorophyte + Glowing Mushrooms, Ranged damage)
- Spectre (Chlorophyte + Ectoplasm, Magic Damage)
- Turtle Armor (Chlorophyte + Turtle Shells, Defensive Melee)
- Beetle Armor (Turtle Armor + Beetle Husks, Defensive Melee, also requires golem to be defeated)
If you currently have these armors, there's nothing left to do but buckle down and face the Moon Lord as-is!