First, I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this - I don't know where else to put it. If there is a more appropriate forum, I would much appreciate being told about it. I've searched the web for any other error like this, but I can't find a solution that works.
I use a Dell Visor headset on Intel UHD 620 graphics (it runs at a low framerate, but it hasn't caused any issues until now). So far, two games are giving me "d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)" at the start of their crash log:
- Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
- SteamVR Home
Beat Saber crashes in the same way, although I cannot find the crash logs to verify that it is the same error. This issue does not occur with other Unity games such as VRChat or Stick Fight.
As soon as the display goes from the SteamVR loading environment to the game, the HMD rapidly (once every few frames) flickers back and forth between a black screen and the first frame that was displayed by the game. The game itself inevitably crashes between 30 seconds to several minutes later. So far, I have tried these options:
- Reinstalling the game, the Mixed Reality Portal and SteamVR.
- Reinstalling my video drivers as well as running the DirectX runtime found on Microsoft's website.
- Fully reinstalling Windows 10.
- Adding a line to Beat Saber's launch options in a (presumably unsuccessful) attempt to force it to use D3D9.
Does anyone know of another solution?
UPDATE: It turns out that VRChat has the same issue, it just doesn't crash until I've played for a minute or two.