I'm building an arcade cabinet, and finding one part of the control panel to be very frustrating: the joystick rod is too long and so it can move in and out of the panel.

The sticks that I bought only had 2 positions for the clamp, one of them far too short for me to use. I wouldn't mind the sticks going in and out of the panel much, but when its sunk into the panel the piece to activate the switches falls with it and doesn't hit the buttons, so you need to keep the stick held up while playing.

I was going to try to throw some more washers on it, but the clamp is stuck on pretty hard so if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know!

Showing the slack in the rod while stick is resting.

closed as off-topic by Wondercricket, Virusbomb, Mage Xy, VanBuzzKill, Jeff Mercado Nov 8 '18 at 2:49

  • This question does not appear to be about videogames or videogame consoles within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 7
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's asking about building an arcade cabinet, not about video games. – Wondercricket Nov 7 '18 at 22:16
  • Which stack exchange would be a better place to ask? – SirDeimos Nov 7 '18 at 22:57
  • 3
    This has been covered in this related meta: gaming.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/12173/…. Arcade hardware is overwhelmingly on-topic. – user149305 Nov 8 '18 at 0:35
  • 3
    @GGMG: while gaming hardware may be on topic, I don't think this particular subject is. The question you linked to was figuring out alternative compatible hardware that can be installed in a cabinet. This here is more on how can the hardware be (physically) modified to fit some criteria. I don't think this is appropriate. It's like asking "how many paint cans should I buy at a minimum to paint my arcade cabinet?" which I would argue is off topic as well. – Jeff Mercado Nov 8 '18 at 2:47

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.