I tried using the cheat "I R WINNER" after restarting, and this did not work. I also tried deleting my profile and using "I R WINNER" to get back to the mission and this did not work. Now I've lost my original progress and I'm still stuck. Any advice is much appreciated.
Ok, so I installed the game again and launched the campaign level. I Typed 'i r winner' and to me it worked instantly. Casing doesn't seem to matter.
At this point you could try to do the following:
- Make sure your spacing is correct, there is a space between the 'I' and 'R' but from the looks of it, you seem to have that already correct
- Repair the game in steam (right-click the game -> properties -> Local files -> Verify Integrity of game files
- Disable any workshop items you have installed
- Try the cheat 'black death', this worked for me
- Try the cheats 'torpedo2' and 'torpedo3' and 'torpedo4' to kill all other players. (worked as well for me)
Note that you can backup your profile by copying the profiles from this folder 'Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\profiles' to a save location.