Kind of a dumb question but I've been wondering about this for a while, what determines the color of the bar on PS4 remotes, what do they mean? Just curious.
Depending on the game, the colors and their meanings can vary greatly.
By default, this is what they mean:
- Orange: charging
- White: turned on, not yet assigned to a player
- Blue: assigned to Player 1
- Red: assigned to Player 2
- Green: assigned to Player 3 *
- Purple: assigned to Player 4 *
*: According to this image I found on Amazon:
Since I only own 2 DS4, I can only confirm that the colors for Players 1 and 2 are accurate. With the PS4 supporting only up to 4 controllers, all player colors are accounted for.