I only have access to the Xbox 360 version of the game but here are some of the options that you can set up.
- Pick any of the maps
- The standard game types of: FFA, TDM, S&D, sabotage, domination, headquarters, CTF, demolition, kill confirmed, and team defender
- And alternate modes of: drop zone, team juggernaut, juggernaut, gun game, infection, and one in the chamber
- Enable custom game options such as number of lives, create customized default classes, turn off the kill cam, turn off killstreaks, etc.
- You can create custom default classes and assign them to each team.
- You can also allow custom classes, but restrict choices. This means you can turn off individual guns, entire gun classes (assault, smg, lmg, etc), turn off perks, etc.
Yes, MW3 will support LAN play.
Infinity Ward creative strategist, Robert Bowling has been answering
questions on Twitter in the aftermath of the Call of Duty XP event
that happened over the course of the weekend. Dedicated Servers for
Modern Warfare 3 have already been confirmed, but Bowling also
mentions that LAN play will be possible, which certainly wasn’t a
given, considering how Modern Warfare 3 will tie in heavily with
Activision’s online Call of Duty Elite service.
“Yes, #MW3 has LAN,” Bowling tweets, “along with detailed class
restriction control + default class creation option.”
The class restriction control will give LAN gamers the ability to
“restrict any weapon, equipment, perk, deathstreak, secondary,
attachment, ANYTHING from being used when setting up game,” Bowling