In my area there is currently an outage where I can’t connect to Xbox Live or the internet but I can still play games as long as I am signed in to my account. However, I get randomly signed out when I was previously signed in while not connected to WiFi. Why is this happening and how can I fix this issue?
This seems to be a common problem. This thread on Reddit lists a couple of possible causes and fixes:
- Someone else is trying to log in to your account. You can try changing your password.
- Your controller might try to log in inadvertently. Try turning this feature off.
- The Xbox Companion app might cause this problem. Try uninstalling it.
- Try updating your controller.
- Try hard-resetting your console.
Additional solutions taken from here:
- Try powering down and leaving your console unplugged for at least 5 minutes to clear out memory.
- Disconnect third-party headsets or other wireless connections that might interfere.
- Reset your router by powering off and replugging.