I'm on my first playthrough on standard difficulty, almost finished and I want to know if my unlocked prizes can be used if I start a new game on hardcore.
Resident Evil 2 doesn’t have a typical New Game Plus mode that allows you to carry over weapons, weapon upgrades, and items into a new playthrough. There is, however, a 2nd Run mode that is unlocked after completing the game with either character which mixes up item placements, puzzle solutions, and more, should you be looking for a slightly remixed experience. This doesn’t allow you to carry over weapons and upgrades, though.
Although there is no new game plus mode you can start a new game on any difficulty and any scenario with additional weapons and unlimited ammo.
These additional weapons are unlocked by meeting certain requirements, as listed below:
- Samurai Edge (Handgun) - Complete the game in S Rank or above in Standard Difficult
- LE 5 (Submachine Gun) - Complete the game in S Rank or above in Hardcore Difficulty
- ATM-4 (Rocket Launcher) - Complete the Leon's story (Side A or B) in S+ Rank in Hardcore Difficulty
- Minigun (Minigun) - Complete the Claire's story (Side A or B) in S+ Rank in Hardcore Difficulty
- Infinite Combat Knife (Sub weapon) - Destroy all 15 Mr. Racoon figurines hidden within the game