- I am the duke and got the claim on my Lieges kingdom.
- My liege can get 10000 troops (including vassals).
- I can get myself 10000 I have few other dukes (that are also vassals of my liege) allied to me.
- Currently, my faction has no any supporters.
- Also, I can create an alliance with 2 neighbouring countries, each has 2000-5000 army...
What is the best way for me to take over the kingdom?
Straightforward way is to demand installation of Claimant. In this case, I most likely won't be supported by my allies as they are first vassals... Am I right? Also, fighting the same size opponent is sketchy: both sides will lose too much. Though, I can bring allies... but that going to be a liability going forward.
I guess I better keep making schemas, spy on all potential supporters and boost the faction. It may take few years, but this looks more reliable.
I could also declare Independance, but later I would need to claim the throne anyway... so this does not look like a viable option at all.
Is there any other option? Please advise!