I've checked all the other answers and I can't seem to find one that fits my situation. I'll go ahead and list everything I've tried, that way we can cruise through the generic answers.
Heads Up: New PC. Downloaded Java 64x. Copy and Pasted old PC's .minecraft folder. Same specs except for CPU and GPU. It is Modded.
Problem: Everytime I launch Minecraft without allocating any RAM it starts fine but with only 500MB of RAM allocated. I can't add arguments or I get a "Java Virtual Machine" Error. Changing the Environment Variables doesn't affect the 500MB of allocated RAM. If I just add the -Xmx1G etc... argument it launches with 500MB of RAM regardless, unless I add more than 4GB then it spits out the "Java Virtual Machine" error.
Things I've Tried
- Installed Java 64x
- Reinstalled Java 64x
- Re-reinstalled Java 64x
- Ensured I was using 64x Java and not 32x
- Made changes to Environment Variables
- Turned it off and back on again
- Set specific arguments
- Reinstalled Minecraft.
- Re-reinstalled Minecraft.
- Forced Minecraft to Update (with an error)
- Googled fixes for several hours
- Found nothing
- Posted here and several other places.
- Awaiting replies...
*Also, don't know if this is important, but the Java website can't verify my Java.