Other than theming - I'm wondering what the functional differences are in the different public transport types.
Some of them are pretty obvious:
- Buses don't need anything built.
- Metros don't take up space.
- Monorails, metros, aren't subject to road traffic congestion.
But basically- what I'm wondering is why one would ever build monorails over metros.
Like monorails are more difficult to place/take up more room. Are they faster? It's just that they come with better stations?
Some specific things I'm wanting to know:
- What is the speed of the various transport types.
- What is the capacity of the various transport types. (ie. are some going to subject to congestion faster than others?)