I hope someone can help me out with this.
I've been trying to host a Minecraft server on my Tower and connect to it from a Laptop, but the laptop refuses to connect properly. The Laptop can host a LAN game and the Tower can connect to it just fine, but when the Tower hosts and the Laptop connects, it times out every time and I get the "connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" error.
The two machines can communicate fine otherwise, they can ping back and forth, and they both have strong internet connections, it's just Minecraft that seems to be the issue. Neither machine has antivirus, and we have a stock Comcast router.
Things I've tried:
- Reinstalling MC on both machines
- Updating Java on both machines
- Connecting through direct connect and through add server
- Port forwarding then connecting through the external IP
- Connecting to both a "open to LAN" game and a proper MC server
- Disabling the firewall on both machines and the router
I'm really at a loss as to what's causing this, any ideas?