Here's the line is referred to as a sound effect, but it's too vague in my opinion, because it's something that's voiced by a character and not just a sound. Is there a more specific word in the context of video games?

  • 5
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic, because this is a questions that ask to find the right term to describe something. Read here for more information: gaming.stackexchange.com/tags/terminology/info – user232393 Jul 13 '19 at 13:15
  • Hovering over the terminology tag: "Note that questions that ask to find the right term(s) to describe something are not allowed here". – Joachim Jul 13 '19 at 13:16

He's just calling out his attacks. TVTropes has a great article on this.

Conversely, if the character was a spellcaster of sorts, it would be an incantation. If the character was a superhero, it would be an invocation.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.