I know this question has been asked a lot, but I still can't find an answer to my specific problem. I have attached a photo:
As you can see, the flashes go behind the items that I'm holding which is a bit weird, and to me, means it is not a problem with the actual laptop, and maybe it's a problem with the actual application itself. They happen at random and seem to reflect whatever environment I'm in; if I'm in the nether, the flashes are red, if I'm in a cave, they're grey. Note that my laptop isn't a gaming laptop, but it's still relatively high-end and should be able to take some light gaming. I have also tried to adjust the video setting on Minecraft itself to no avail.
- No mods, all vanilla, not even a texture pack
- It's most prominent on servers. Don't know if it's exclusive to servers, need more testing
- No modifications have been made to my laptop itself
- Drivers + Windows are updated fully, recently updated BIOS but this problem seemed to happen even before then
- To my memory, this has happened since I got the game. Been more prominent lately though as I've been playing a lot more