The games in which you can choose Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle as starters:
- Pokemon Red, Blue and Green (Generation 1)
- Pokemon Yellow (Generation 1). They are not obtained as starter Pokemon but all 3 are obtained whilst progressing through the game
- Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen (Generation 3). These are remakes of Pokemon Red and Blue
- Pokemon X and Y (Generation 6). They are not chosen at the start of the game.
- Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu (Generation 7). These are remakes of Pokemon Yellow. They are not obtained as starter Pokemon but all 3 are obtained whilst progressing through the game
- Pokemon Go, alongside Pikachu.
Note that none of the games on the list are Nintendo DS Pokemon games. Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are Gameboy Advance games and as such can be played on a Nintendo DS but not a Nintendo DSi, 3DS or 2DS. Pokemon X and Y are 3DS games and thus work on a Nintendo 3DS or 2DS. Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow, whilst old Gameboy games, can be obtained on the 3DS by download from the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
EDIT: Heart Gold and Soul Silver, a 4th Gen game on the DS, does let you choose them as starters, but only post-game after beating Red.