So I am curing zombie villagers in hopes to make a librarian.
Here's my process...
- I start off with a lit up room for the zombie villager with just a bed in it, with no workstation nearby.
- I find a zombie villager, making it follow me into that said room I built with just a bed.
- I throw a splash potion of weakness and give it a golden apple
- The zombie villager is now cured, but defaults to a tool smith - even with no workstations around or nearby his little room
- As there is no current workstation, I put down a lecturer next to the villager in hopes to turn him into a librarian from tool smith, but nothing happens. He remains as a tool smith.
I have tried to do the above on 3 different zombie villagers. All with separate rooms. But all of them defaults to tool smiths.
I watched tutorials and you can change the villager's profession by destroying their current workstation and putting down a new one to reflect the required profession.
So this has raised the below questions -
- Why do all the zombie villagers I cure always default to tool smiths even if there are no workstations nearby?
- How can I change one into a librarian if they didn't have a workstation in the first place when I cured a zombie villager?
I'm playing version 1.14 on the Xbox One.