Why can't I see the Twitch chat and send messages when I'm watching someones stream? Is there a way to solve it?
4I’m voting to close this question because it's not connected to a game– ppperyJun 1 at 16:15
There are many reasons why you may not be able to post messages. To name some:
- The streamer may have subscriber or follower only mode enabled, meaning you need to be a subscriber/follower to send messages.
- They may have "verified users mode" enabled, which means you must have a verified email address to send messages. Check your email to see if you have a verification email waiting to be opened by you.
- You may be "shadow banned" temporarily for spamming.
- I've seen this happen first hand - what it does is let you send messages client side, but the streamer and anyone else in the stream will not see your messages.
- You may be banned from the streamers chat in general.
You can read up on some more reasons and how to troubleshoot them here.
If you can't physically see the chat as in the entire chatbox is not present, it's possible it hasn't loaded properly. The link above discusses this, and suggests the following:
- Refresh the page
- Disable extensions that affect the site (Adblockers, no script, etc.) refresh the page.
- Clear cookies and cache
- Reset your Twitch password
- Switch to google DNS and restart PC.
Why would resetting one's password affect their ability to chat?.. May 18, 2021 at 22:17