I just reinstalled Half-Life 2 on this system, movement in the game is sluggish compared to what it was the last time I played it.
Here are the symptoms that i've noticed:
- The sprint doesn't make me go any faster, but it still drains my AUX-power.
- Moving through vents and other cramped areas is almost not possible
as Gordon is moving about an inch per second.
- The airboat doesn't accelerate properly in water or on land.
whenever it's on land it's moving as slow as I did in the cramped areas.
However, it accelerates properly when I reverse.
Solutions as mentioned in the post below have all been tried out.
Gordon Freeman runs way too slowly!
Here's a list of things I've tried:
- Entering the value "sv_alternateticks 0" into the console.
- Manually unbound the sprint key and rebound it using the console,
- Tried binding it to other keys and it made no difference.
- Pressed the "Use Defaults"-button in the key bindings menu.
- Changed the steam overlay key binding in a way that shouldn't interfere with any button used in game.
- Alt tabbing.
- Tried toggling V-Sync.
- Tried limiting FPS to 90 and 60 using the "fps_max" console command.
- Checked if VR settings was still active, which the menues indicated that they were not.
I play this on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system, that has tried playing this game in VR before.
How would I go about diagnosing and fixing these issues?