I was wondering in what places or menus I can buy Special MK2 Ammo (Tracer, Hollow Point, Incendiary, Armour Piercing, Full Metal Jacket and Explosive).
Which research projects get unlocked is somewhat random; however, in my experience (and via friends), one of either explosive or incendiary rounds will unlock pretty quick, while the other will unlock nearly last. The remaining ammo types will unlock at some point.
With research, I find it best to set your initial spawn point in the bunker and restock supplies right away every time you load in. Then, I set my research staff to both, which didn't seem to slow the research progress down much.
Finally, once the ammo is unlocked, it can be purchased at any of your weapons workbenches. These can be found in:
- Mobile Operations Center (with weapon workshop upgrade)
- Arena Workshop (with weapons expert upgrade)
- Avenger (with weapon workshop upgrade)
I also have my weapon loadout configured as follows (for maximum leathality):
- Combat MG -> FMJ rounds (pierces armored vehicles)
- SMG -> Hollow point rounds
- Carbine -> Armor piercing
- Assault Rifle -> Incendiary
- Bullpup Rifle -> Armor piercing
- Heavy sniper -> Incendiary
- Pump shotgun -> Explosive
I do not put special ammo in the Special Carbine nor the Marksman, even though you can. It's nice to have general purpose weapons with basically unlimited ammo, and Special Carbine is a beast with headshots.