The Malus Darkblade of Dark Elves in Total War Warhammer II has a unique mechanic: every round he gets "possession points" - 2 if he is in the field, 1 if he is in a city. When he hits 10 points (or maybe even 9?) his armies stop regenerating after combat, even when they are in an owned city. Of course, he can drink an elixir that gives -10 points, but it's expensive and the price keeps rising after each purchase. This leads to the situation where I have to keep sacking cities just to afford the "fix", which greatly cripples my progress.
I've tried to give the wounded units to another general, but it seems that the penalty is global. I've heard, that you can, in theory, go around it by recruiting lots of Death Hags, which give regeneration bonus - is that true?
Following this reddit thread about replenishment it seems possible in theory:
- being in owned (or allied) region lets you replenish casualties in your army by 8% per turn. It's 8% of a single unit HP (240 HP per turn for a unit with 3000 max HP), and to simplify for units with multiple troops (in case there are 90 troops in unit) it's 0.08x90 = 7 replenished troops per turn.
- This gets updated by + 12% in a city
- Death Hag gives max +20 % (8% +12% from 3 upgrades)
- 10 points possession gives -50%
- Supernatural Tissue skill – +30% replenishment rate (lord’s army) - I think, this affects only Malus tho
So fully possessed, in a city with ST skill I should be at 0 (8+12+30-50) and each Hag should push me to a positive value - unless there are some hidden rules that I've missed?