I am creating a minecraft server, specifically based around the pixelmon mod. I am running Minecraft 1.12.2 Java edition, Pixelmon Reforged 1.7.2, with a few mods such as world edit, effortless building, biomes o plenty, etc.
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have different mod configs active in different parts of a world. This would be very useful for the following:
- Building different regions that have different generations of pokemon (1-7)
- Creating areas (such as the safari zone, or caves) that have an increased amount of pokeChest loot
- Increase/decrease spawn rates in certain regions
I doubt this is possible as it is, and if it is, I'm sure its fairly complicated. I have found nothing in all my google searches. I have never made a mod, but wonder if this is something a mod is capable of. If this is possible, I see it being implemented in one of two ways:
- Somewhere (I am fairly new to this, so I am unsure where this is applicable) you would do the following.
if <player coordinates> are within certain region defined <(x1,y1,z1) (x2,y2,z2)> set config file variable to desired setting(ex. spawnRate= 2)
This is dynamic, and changes the config setting for the whole world, but only when the player is within these coordinates.
- The second way, again I don't know where you would do this, but it would be like this:
define region (x1,y1,z1) (x2,y2,z2) (or could this be done with a biome, or predefined region?) set config file variable to desired setting for this region(ex. spawnRate = 2)
And this could be done for all the different desired regions.
Does anyone know of a way to do this? Or where I might start creating something like this? People or resources I could look into? Thanks in advance!