Looking for a source on what exactly consumes durability on tools such as:
- Fishing poles
- Bug Nets
- Watering Cans
And not tools, with no durability, such as the Ocarina, Vaulting Pole, and the Ladder.
- Do misses consume durability?
- Player character whiffs, hitting nothing but air
- In the case of the fishing rod, character performs the action but does nothing if not close enough to water.
- Do trivial actions consume durability?
- Hitting an NPC in the face with an axe, shovel, net
- Hitting any non-action item with an axe, shovel, net (such as hitting a building, or a non-farmable rock)
- Watering an NPC with the watering can, or just watering anything that isn't a flower
- Using a shovel to dig up dirt (but not anything that isn't dirt, like Fossils, Flowers, Trees, etc.)
- Using a shovel to fill in holes
- Using a shovel on a rock that has already yielded the daily items