I was hoping to get information from the same question in another location but it never got answered and posting another question to it wasn't allowed. So I'll just ask it again.
Windows 10 Minecraft Windows/Bedrock Edition - whatever it is called
- I installed, setup, and ran the server on my main PC on my home network.
- My son fired up Minecraft on his computer also on the home network.
- He was able to easily connect to the server.
- I then connected to it on my Android phone with no problems.
- Since that worked I bought another copy of Minecraft to play on my PC, the same PC running the server.
- Minecraft on my PC doesn't even see it...there are no options for LAN under the friends tab.
- I read in the "bedrock_server_how_to.html" and in the other question here that I might need to run a command in the CMD as admin, but neither location mentions any special instructions other than that.
- I ran that command, in CMD, as admin. CMD responded with "OK"
- I tried this with the server running and it didn't work.
- I then closed the server and tried it again, fired the server back up, fired Minecraft back up, still no luck.
How exactly should I get Minecraft on my machine to see the server? Everyone else on the network can see it. Internet works fine. My old TF2 server works fine and I can play it from this machine. Etc, etc, etc.