There exist games which don’t play on a console, and don’t have their own display — rather, the controller has a video out cord which you can plug into your TV.

Is there a term for this type of game/controller hybrid device?


1 Answer 1


These are most commonly known as "Plug & Play games", but can also be called "TV games" or "handheld TV games" by some retailers. They are a type of dedicated console.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .