Upon request from multiple moderators/experts, this question has been split into two identical questions, one for each of the two main versions of Minecraft. This question is for solutions for Java Edition. If you have a solution for Bedrock Edition, please post it here.
I am creating a redstone contraption that is based off an RS-NOR latch and a T-flip-flop at once.
The contraption needs to have three pulse-based inputs and one output.
Here are the inputs and their descriptions of what they should do:
- "On" button: Turn the output on, or keep it on if it is already on.
- "Off" button: Turn the output off, or keep it off if it is already off.
- "Toggle" button: Toggle the state of the output, no matter what state it was in before.
The toggle button should provide only a temporary inversion, with the next button press acting as normal.
Here are the questions I would like to have answered:
- Should my redstone contraption be based off a T-flip flop, a RS-NOR latch, or neither?
- What is the most compact way to construct a redstone contraption like this?
Please include images with your solution.