I want to change maximum item’s durability in Minecraft, but without enchantments. I want to use /give command. How can I do this? Is it possible to do?

Here is my first trial:

give @p diamond_pickaxe{Enchantments:[{id:unbreaking,lvl:10}]}
  • When you say "change durability", do you mean "change the maximum durability" or "change how much the item has been used out of its max durability"? Sep 7 '20 at 18:36
  • I want to change item durability value.
    – Arian
    Sep 7 '20 at 19:15
  • Just saying "item durability" isn't clear. You either want to change the maximum durability level on an item, or you want to change how much the item has been used out of its max durability. Please choose which one. Sep 7 '20 at 19:31
  • Change the maximum durability on an item.
    – Arian
    Sep 7 '20 at 20:28

You can use the NBT tag, Damage to give you an item with damage on it. Since a diamond pickaxe has 1561 durability, the command /give @p diamond_pickaxe{Damage:50} would give you a diamond pickaxe with 1511 durability left.

If you wish to change the durability of an existing item, you can use /data merge entity @e[type=item,distance=..3,limit=1] {Item:{tag:{Damage:0}}} to set the durability of an item that is dropped on the ground

  • Can I change an item's durability without any damage to item?
    – Arian
    Sep 7 '20 at 19:23
  • Yes, by using the second method and a but of subtraction, you can change the durability of any item while keeping everything else the same
    – Authom
    Sep 7 '20 at 19:48
  • I want to use /give command
    – Arian
    Sep 7 '20 at 19:57
  • You can then use the Damage tag how I used it in the first example
    – Authom
    Sep 7 '20 at 20:00
  • I want to use one give command and I want to change an item's durability without any damage to item. Can you help me?
    – Arian
    Sep 7 '20 at 20:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.