I am playing a survival world, and I found a mineshaft. I found some minecarts, and mined them. I did not see any "boop" of durability when I hit or destroyed it with my pickaxe. The same thing happened when I destroyed a boat with an axe. So, what is going on, and do you lose tool durability when you mine/destroy a boat or a minecart?
Here's a look at the Minecraft Wiki on durability:
- Axes, pickaxes, and shovels:
- Breaking a block that breaks instantly counts as 0 uses.
- Breaking other blocks counts as 1 use.
- Paving a grass block using a shovel to make a grass path counts as 1 use.
- Using an axe on a log or wood to strip it counts as 1 use.
- Hitting a mob (hostile, neutral or passive) counts as 2 uses.
It could be considered that minecarts are part of the "blocks that break instantly" with the fact that one hit with a pickaxe can break the minecart.
But then again, there's the other argument...
I've found a bug report about the same issue in Java Edition. It has been confirmed as a bug in Java Edition, so it might be the same in Bedrock Edition too.