Ok, so I beat Breath of the Wild. I've seen epic mods for the game, but I want to know how you can get mods for the game. If it matters, I play on the Nintendo Switch and I have both DLC. I did a google search and I got no answer. I also want to know if there is any way to search for mods to get them. I've watched a lot of Breath of the Wild mod videos and I really want to know how I could get some of the mods used in them for myself.
You will have to install homebrew on your Switch. (Against Nintendo's Terms of Service) I myself would rather not go into detail about hacking a Switch but if you look, you can find guides on the topic. I'm not saying I recommend modding your Switch, but it is an option.
After that, you probably will have to install some homebrew applications and install the mods!
-- again I do not recommend doing this.
TL;DR : You probably can't and/or shouldn't.
BotW mods are generally intended for Cemu emulation of the Wii U version. Some mods can be installed on official hardware through homebrew, but this is tricky and against ToS, as was already said, and I wouldn't recommend it. Modding may not even be possible on your Switch due to it relying on hardware exploits that have been fixed on newly produced units since their discovery.
- Playing on a modded Switch
- Playing on a modded Wii U
- Using Cemu (A Wii U emulator; requires a modded Wii U and a copy of BotW for Wii U to dump the game file to a computer)
By "modded", I mean a console that is hacked to allow the use of custom software. Unfortunately, it looks like no matter what, you need a modded console to use mods.
For Breath of the Wild, there are several popular mods:
- Second Wind (A content expansion that adds many quests and even an entire village. Also overhauls shrines.)
- Relics of the Past (A mod that makes the game insanely hard, but sometimes makes up for it by giving you super OP weapons.)
- Randomizer (Does what it says. Randomizes drops, chests, goddess statue rewards, and even korok items. Also has a randomizer cycle that will do things at random times, such as giving or taking weapons from the player).
Second Wind seems fun to me and I had this same question (but deleted it after it got closed as a duplicate and then downvoted).