Tall nut is one of my most used plants due to its high durability and the ability to block jumping/vaulting zombies. However, 2 wall nuts can do the same thing as 1 tall nut can and save you 25 suns, right? So should I keep using them or stop and use 2 wall nuts?
Tall-nuts have pros and cons to them. Personally, I use them instead of walnuts but your decision.
- Take up less space than 2 wall-nuts, giving more defense area
- Recharges faster than 2 wall-nuts
- Pogo zombies can jump over the first one in a 2-wall-nut setup, but never tall-nuts.
- As said by you, it costs 25 sun less to plant 2 wall-nuts
- 2 ladder zombies are needed to get through 2 wall-nuts, but only 1 for a tall-nut.
It's really your decision whether you use tall-nuts or not, however I advise you do.
I think it would be a good strategy to use tall nuts. When I was playing they really helped out, I liked to plant them last after planting all my other plants, so I could just save up for them. Tall nuts can become very helpfull.
I think they're helpfull because they have more health then normal wallnuts. So zombies will just stand there and eat them as your other plants just destroy them. So they act as a "slow down/protection barrier".