An excerpt from the chat on my friend's server:
- Me: What is it with all these grey messages in the chat? Can you please turn down your usage of commands?
- Friend: Sorry, experiments with commands are my main activity on this server.
- Me: Well, you're cluttering up my chat with useless results of your commands, and it's becoming very distracting. Can you find a way to turn it off?
- Friend: I could
/deopyou, and you won't get them.
- Me: I don't want my deop reason to be because of your heavy usage of commands...
- Friend: Well, what else do you suggest?
- Me: Setting
- Friend: NO WAY! While the command outputs may not be useful to you, they're still useful to me.
- Me: What about using command blocks only? Just place one down to run your commands instead!
- Friend: Every time? Not happening.
- Me: Well, I'm out of ideas for this. Let's ask Arqade instead and see what they can come up with.
My friend uses commands on his server a lot, and being an operator on the server, it is getting annoying because every command he runs is spitting its output into my chat. I need to find a way to stop getting them, but I don't want to impede his progress.
Find a way to disable other operators from seeing your command feedback, but not yourself.
- Using a command block every time.
- Setting the game rule
false— this will stop players from seeing results to their own commands as well, which I don't want disabled.