Every 10 seconds or so, the game freezes for about 0.2-0.5 seconds while reporting to run on constant 62.50 FPS. I'm running Win10, here's what I've tried:
- "OBS-fix", setting the graphics processor in the control panel to either integrated or GPU
- Setting the graphics processor in the Nvidia control panel
- Running in compatibility mode
- Adjusting high DPI settings
- Adding the DX8/DX9 compatibility dll to the game folder
Task manager reports a spike in CPU usage when the freeze happens (around +10% usage). Also unlike Th7 (which is running fine for me), Th6 doesn't use the graphics card (GPU1) and uses integrated graphics (GPU0) instead; only sometimes the GPU1 usage spikes to 15%. These spikes are sometimes at the same time as the lag, sometimes not.
Note that Th6 is the only game to have this issue and that the same game files worked on my old laptop that also ran Win10 just fine.
Is there any fix or option that I'm not aware of that can help? Thanks in advance!