I own the GOG version of Project Zomboid Build 41.53, and I'd like to use the mods from the Steam Workshop. How do I safely go about this, and what do I have to do to get them working?
- Find the mod at the Project Zomboid Steam Workshop and then copy its webpage URL from your browser's address bar.
- Open the site: http://steamworkshop.download/* and paste the URL, e.g., https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2368058459
(*Any site or method that can allow you to download Steam Workshop mods should also work, like the SteamCMD method described at: https://www.gog.com/forum/rimworld/guide_how_to_download_mods_directly_from_steam)
- Download the mod.
- Open the downloaded .ZIP file.
- Inside the .ZIP file, copy or extract the directory named
mods, to the directory at
- Open the game. Turn on the mod in the mods submenu.
Intructions modified from: The Indie Stone forums post: Tutorial - how install mods from Steam Workshop when you have game on GOG (replaced the non-working site with another site that works, and added info)