My daughter had a Minecraft PE world saved in the Files app on an iPad. How can she restore it to a fresh reinstallation of Minecraft after the game was uninstalled? Note that she could not sign in to Microsoft and had to create a new account.
If the backup is saved in the Files app, try this:
You will need... The apple device (Duh) A computer with iTunes installed A data-transfer cable (The one that came with the device will work)
- Plug the device into the computer and open iTunes
- Click the phone/tablet icon that appears in the upper left of the screen. It may take a few minutes to show up
- Select "File Sharing" from the left-hand menu
- Select "Minecraft", select the "games" folder and select "Save File" (You may also want to backup this folder just in case something goes wrong)
- Select "Files", then locate the backup folder and save it as well.
- Using the file explorer on the computer, copy the backup folder into the "minecraftWorlds" folder (Located within the "games" folder you downloaded.)
- Back in iTunes, select "Minecraft" again, then "Add File", upload the modified "games" folder containing the new backup.
- Eject the device and test.