This was tested experimentally on the map mvm_coaltown, on wave 3, normal difficulty. The tank has 28 000hp. All known tank-killer load outs were equipped with 3 crit canteens and tested: The job was to kill the tank as quickly as possible and note how far the tank got on the map.
The number is the class number, the letter is the loadout and the white numbers are the amount of credits the upgrade cost. The number following the "+" is the amount of credits spent on ammo upgrades.
All load outs:
- 1a Scout Shortstop
- 1b Scout Sodapopper (Without +10% firing speed exploit)
- (1c) Scout Shortstop + Critacola (Not noted on map, but tank actually
got 1-2m farther. Less damage as time wasted drinking)
- (1d) Scout Sodapopper + Critacola (Not noted on map, but tank
actually got 1-2m farther. Less damage as time wasted drinking)
- 2a Beggars Bazooka (1 crit canteen for full barrage + 6 shot barrage
for max use of crit duration)
- 2b Airstrike BASE Jumper combo (With 4 heads on airstriker)
- 2c Stock
- 2d Righteous Bison only (Shooting diagonally for max dmg)
- 3a Phlog Pyro (Burning from the side)
- (3b) Phlog Pyro (Detonator Jumping at the rear end of the tank to
abort mmmph animation) Damage was equal, the time spent jumping on
top of the tank and not shooting offset the extra duration of mmmph.
Not noted in map as equal to 3a.
- 3c Dragons Fury
- 4a Demoman with Scottish Resistance only
- 4b Demoman with Grenade Launcher only
- 4c Demoman with Greande Launcher and a Scottish resistance sticky trap set before the wave started.
- 6a Engineer with Wrangled Sentry Gun and additional Sentry Gun (I did
several tries for optimal repositioning of sentry)
- 6b Engineer with 2 Sentry Guns and Widowmaker (No Wrangler)
- 6c Engineer with Widowmaker only (No Sentry Gun)
- 8a Sniper Cleaners Carbine Bushwacka combo
In some cases the tank arrived at the bomb site and detonated the bomb. The damage dealt to the tank was noted in these cases:
- Warriors Spirit: 28.6k dmg (Extrapolated)
- Backscratcher: 27.5k dmg (Extrapolated)
- Scotsmans Skullcutter: 26.4k dmg (Extrapolated)
- Brass Beast: 25k dmg (Only 13% more dmg than stock due to more
frequent repositioning due to slower movement speed. Does 50% more
dmg than tomislav point blank in theory, but only 31% more dmg on a
tank in practice, so probably even less on robots)
- Standard Melee weapon (any class): 22k dmg
- Minigun: 22k dmg
- Huo Long Heater: 19.8k dmg (Extrapolated. Flames do no damage to
- Tomislav: 19k dmg (86% dmg of stock due to less frequent need for
- Natasha: 16.5k dmg (Extrapolated)
- Scout Melee: 19k dmg
- Spy Revolver: 14k dmg
- Spy Melee: About 4k half way through
Some things that we learned from this that were not obvious at all until now:
Engineer should not wrangle his sentry but shoot tank with widowmaker simultaneously (makes almost double damage). Dragon's fury is weak. If upgraded, grenade launcher is much stronger than stickies. Heavy should use warriors spirit and melee the tank. Scouts Sodapopper is only very slightly behind the Shortstop. Scout with damage scout loadout is only slighly behind Phlog. Crit a Cola makes scout deal less damage.