In older versions you could press
d to access the menu, however in the Steam version
d just scrolls to the right.
It's no longer a single dedicated menu. The commands that were available under designation are available on the bottom bar:
- Digging: "Setting digging orders (
m)" will open a sub-menu containing regular digging, stairwells, channels, ramps, and Remove Construction
- Chopping trees: Available directly on the menu; hotkey is
- Plant gathering: Available directly,
- Smoothing and engraving (
v): Submenu includes smoothing, engraving, mine carts, and fortifications.
- The last button is to remove designations (
- Traffic settings are on the far-right of the buttons, hotkey is
All of these buttons, except remove designation, have advanced options for setting the priority.