I had the exact same issue, but did not want to use Battle Encoder Shirasé because it looked kind of suspicious to me.
It's likely fine, but just in case anybody else doesn't want to have to install yet another random program just to play Starfield, the solution actually turned out pretty simple for me.
I moved the installation to my C:/ drive. I had originally installed it on my E:/ drive which is also a brand new SSD, just like my C:/ drive, but apparently the engine Starfield uses is notorious for sometimes having issues running on non-Windows drives.
Steam has a 'Move Install Folder' feature that I used, and I haven't had any of the issues since moving it to my C:/ drive.