I'm looking for an alternative to double-click in StarCraft 2. I would like a number key (or a custom key) to relocate the camera to the associated numbered group with just a single-click. Is it possible?
The only three methods I am aware of are
- Hit the number and then mouse-click at the unit portrait to center your screen over the selected unit/building
- Bind your control group keys to 2 hotkeys (Primary and Alternative hotkey) and hit both after each other
- Hit the hotkey for
Center on Current selection(Ctrl+F by default)
Nevertheless, all ways would need 2 clicks or key presses anyway. But I think simple double-tapping is the fastest way to move your screen to a control group. Also you don't want your screen to move every time but only check what your group is doing, e.g. building or research progress.
In starcraft2 there are numerous ways to move your mouse:
- Double-Tap Stored Unit Selection Key
- Store Screen location (Shift + F5 saves - F5 then jumps to that location)
- Select Unit and click Portrait in bottom right.
None will center your screen above a Unit without at least two key presses. (Unless you own a programmable Keyboard where you could define macros that double-tap the key for you)
It's indeed impossible afaik to bind to a single button. However, if you bind 'center on selection' to §, or an equally accessible button, you can recall your control group and then immediately press § as a single action, so you don't have to use the clumsy double-tap. Almost as good as a single button.