I'm tired of running around Skyloft every time I return from the surface or accomplish something elsewhere to look for new quests to earn gratitude crystals. At which points in the game do each of the side quests unlock? I don't want to know what the quests are, just when I should go looking.
According to ZeldaDungeon.net (don't click the link if you don't want to know the quests), the requirements are (in no particular order):
- Requirements: Complete Skyview Temple
- Requirements: Meet Batreaux, and learn about Gratitude Crystals (this is the only sidequest that rewards 10 gratitude crystals, make sure you get both bunches!)
- Requirements: Complete Lanayru Mining Facility
- Requirements: Complete Lanayru Mining Facility (there are two)
- Requirements: Acquire Scrapper
- Requirements: Defeat The Imprisoned.
- Requirements: Obtain the Clawshots
- Requirements: Use the item check frequently
- Requirements: Defeat The Imprisoned a second time.
- Requirements: Defeat Levias, Speak with Strich on Bug Rock
- Requirements: Complete Faron's portion of the Song of the Hero
- Requirements: Complete Din's portion of the Song of the Hero
And for the individiual, non-quest Gratitude Crystals, just note that some of them require the Clawshots (or, alternatively, the Beetle speed/distance upgrades).
Sidequest 1: After puttting the Ruby Tablet in the Statue of the Goddess
Sidequest 2: After Completing Sidequest 1
Sidequest 3: After you talk to the old lady after obtaining the harp.
Sidequest 4: After the third temple, when a certain potion has become available
Sidequest 5: After getting the Clawshots
Sidequest 6: Complete of the Fire Sanctuary, and the Pumpkin jobs.
Sidequest 7: After you reseal the seal for the second time.
Sidequest 8: Learn about a new island in the Thunderhead from the man standing besides the lighthouse after freeing Levias in the Thunderhead.
Sidequest 9: After flirting with the item check girl.
Sidequest 10: After getting the Gust Bellows
Sidequest 11: After unlocking Thunderhead
Sidequest 12: After ridding Levias of Bilocyte
(Source FULL SPOILERS)