I remember starting Majora's Mask, loving every minute of it, then having to go off to college and leave the N64 at home with the family. Now that I'm done, and my younger siblings have long since broken our N64, is there a way for me to restart (and finish!) my adventures on the PC?
Majora's Mask has a remake for the Nintendo 3DS now. MSRP is $39.99 USD.
Series producer Eiji Aonuma took the opportunity to fix a bunch of things he thought were problems in the original. These include:
- Discoverability of sidequests. For a game based mainly on sidequests, it's difficult to actually FIND some of them unless you're in the right place at the right time. Now, the Bombers will tell you "rumors" they've heard about quests, which will appears in a new section of the Bomber's Notebook. Each of the 4 Bombers (not counting Jim) will tell you at most one rumor during each 3-day cycle.
- Speaking of the Bomber's Notebook, it's had an overhaul. The new default view shows quests rather than the timeline. As you complete parts of a quest, it will complete in the notebook. The old view can be accessed via the Schedule button, but it has a lot more entries on it as everyone who has a sidequest, important or not, is now on there.
- Boss battles were unintuitive in the original. It's now much easier to figure out what you need to do to beat a boss... and some bosses even have multiple ways to beat them.
- The song of Double Time has been revamped. You can now go to any hour in the current day or to the Dawn of the next day.
- The save system has been changed. You no longer have to reset to day 1 to save.
- On the flip side, the game no longer saves when you go back to day 1, so remember to save at an owl statue.
There's also a new fishing minigame, but I've not tried it yet.