What are the main differences between the SNES and DS versions of Chrono Trigger?
Here is a post on Gamespot listing some differences. Some examples:
- "The addition of a DS style combat system, which simply moves the commands from the top screen into the bottom screen, clearing up the screen a bit"
- "New items. If you thought Rainbow was ridiculous there's a new sword for Crono that's more powerful and has a 90% critical hit rate."
The main differences are:
- All the PS1 version movies are included
- New control scheme for DS
- Minimap added
- Encyclopedia added:
- New content:
- Several new dungeons and sidequests
- Monster battle arena
- 1 new ending
- Monsters & Bosses
- New translation