I completed Section 8 Prejudice installation but when I run the game nothing happens. I uninstalled and re-installed Games for Windows Marketplace application and redistribution but the game still won't run. How can I solve it?
Unfortunately sometimes Game for Windows Live could be a real pain. Try to check if there are any error messages when you launch the game.
The official forum has a list of possible solutions to most frequent problems. Point 8) could be related to your problem and hopefully will help you solve it.
8. Why am I receiving a "Games for Windows Live has failed to initialize" crash when launching the Prejudice™ PC?
Some users have reported an issue with Games for Windows - LIVE (GfWL) causing Section 8 to crash on start-up with the message “Games for Windows Live failed to initialize” or similar GfWL error messages. These are most likely caused by an improper installation of GfWL, a conflicting network setting, or conflicts with virus scanning software.
In order to resolve this issue, please try the following in order:
- Uninstall GfWL (Note: You must uninstall both "Games for Windows - Live" and "Games for Windows - Live Redist")
- Vista: Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features
- XP: Go to Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
- Navigate to your System folder (32-bit systems: C:\WINDOWS\system32 / 64-bit systems: C:\WINDOWS\system64) and make sure the following are deleted from your PC:
- xlive folder
- Reinstall the latest version of GfWL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959445/en-us
- Visit Microsoft’s GfWL FAQ: http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/Support/Pages/ogctechnicalIssues.aspx
- Contact LIVE support at 1-877-274-4349
- Turn your anti-virus software off
- Ensure your router is set-up properly as per GfWL: http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/Support/Pages/ogctechnicalIssues.aspx