I have been reading the Wiki lately and have read some interesting facts about portals. One thing in I was interested in was the teleportation aspect.
First thing I did with success is placing the old portal I had in a different location. I didn't like the location at all,
I did the following.
- Build the new portal in the Overworld.
- Wrote the coordinates and calculated where the new portal should be ( x/8 | z/8)
- I broke my old portal, and used the new one to teleport to the nether
- In the Nether I broke the old one, and build the new one as close to the right spot
- Went back and came out in the new portal
Worked out great.
Now I have only been playing MC for about 2 weeks, so the next thing I want to do is a little bit too chalanging for me.
I have a nicely working Blazefarm in the Nether, but it is a kinda danerous walk. I wonder if I can create a portal near my base which will instanly TP me to the location.
Basically I want to build a portal in the Nether at:
Nether: X: -70/71; Y: 72; Z: -139
Now if I make the calculations I will end up way too far in the overworld.
I will end up at:
Overworld: X: 560; Y: ? Z: -1112
But my main portal, and base are at:
Overworld: X: 180/181; Y: 50; Z: 340
That's a hell of a journey for me.
I wonder if the following would work.
- I build a new portal in the overworld more than 128 blocks from my old one
- I fire it
- I go trough my old portal to the Nether
- I build my new Nether portal close to my blazefarm
- fire it and go trough it
Will I then end up and the new portal in the overworld?
I am planning to build the Overworld poral at:
New Overworld portal: X: 220/221; Y: 12; Z: 200
The Z coordinate is now more than 128 blocks away from the old one.