I tried reading the minecraftwiki page on the subject, but without an understanding of precisely how the torches work, none of it makes sense. I have a lot of questions, so even an article explaining only a few of the answers would be helpful.
- How is it possible for the torches to work as both input and output to a circuit?
- What if two torches are both acting as output to the same redstone-wire?
- What if one torch is outputting positive/on/true to a redstone-wire but another is outputting negative/off/false to the same wire?
- Is there a practical difference between torches on the ground and torches on the wall?
- When people talk about 'the redstone-torch's block' (ex. wires only carry power 15 blocks from the source block), do they mean the block the torch is attached to, or the block of space the torch is occupying?
- How do I read the diagrams on the minecraftwiki page?
Thanks for any help understanding all of this!