In Borderlands 2, when I finished Normal Mode at around Level 30 and went back to the Southern Shelf (still at Normal mode), I found that all enemies there are now very easy to kill, meaning they didn't level up (or hit a level cap).
When I went to Oasis (Captain Scarlett DLC location) as a Level 36 character in True Vault Hunter Mode, I noticed that the enemies are the same level as me.
What factors determine enemy level scaling relative to the player character?
Specifically, I would like to know:
- Are enemies affected by what level a character accepted a mission?
- Or is it what level a character is when they first entered an area?
- How do Normal Mode, True Vault Hunter mode, and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode affect enemy levels?
- Are there enemies that will scale to the player level, as the player levels up?
- Any enemy leveling differences specific to the DLC locations?
There is now an answer that explains how this works generally: "In playthrough 1, outside of the DLC, there's no such thing as scaling. Enemy levels are determined solely by the area they're in and your mission." Can anyone expound on what are the specific enemy levels in specific locations or missions?
This answer states that "enemies do not actually "scale", or at least from what we know of..." and lists specifics for enemy levels in certain locations (sans DLC locations). Can anyone expound on that and add specifics for enemy levels in the DLC locations in TVHM and UVHM?