Each piece of equipment in the game seems to contribute some amount to each of the six stats. The icons look like a sword, a weight, a helmet, a target/crosshair, a boot, and a shield. What do each of these mean and how do they affect the game?
The six icons (with their pause screen names in parenthesis) are:
- Sword (Attack) - determines how much damage you deal
- Weight (Weight) - determines how fast you move, as well as how much knockback enemies do to you
- Armor (Defense) - determines how much damage you take
- Bullseye (Hit) - determines your critical hit chance
- Boot (Speed) - determines your movement speed
- Shield (Evasion) - modifies the chance for enemies to score a critical hit
All of the stats, with the exception of weight, are also effected by your level - as you level up, your equipment stats mean less and less, and your level-up bonuses are worth a higher percentage.
Some bits of gear also have special attributes that may or may not be listed as part of these stats.