Blizzard's 2012 hack-and-slash dark fantasy/horror action RPG is the third release in the Diablo series, and a sequel to Diablo II in both story and style. Use this tag for questions related to the PC release of Diablo 3, or for questions where the version doesn't matter.
Diablo III is a hack-and-slash dark fantasy/horror action RPG. It was released in 15 May 2012 by Blizzard for PC/Mac. It was later introduced to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on 3 September 2013, and for Playstation 4 and Xbox One on 19 August 2014. It continues Diablo II's story in Sanctuary, where players go on quests to defeat forces of evil. Character classes include the barbarian, the witch doctor, the demon hunter, the wizard, and the monk.
Its first expansion - Diablo III Reaper of Souls - was released in March 2014. Some features of the expansion include:
- New class: The Crusader
- The adventure mode
- New loot system
- New paragon system
- New act: Act 5
- diablo-3-console - for the console version of the game
- diablo-3-barbarian - for questions specific to the Barbarian class
- diablo-3-monk - for questions specific to the Monk class
- diablo-3-wizard - for questions specific to the Wizard class
- diablo-3-witch-doctor - for questions specific to the Witch Doctor class
- diablo-3-demon-hunter - for questions specific to the Demon Hunter class
- diablo-3-crusader - for questions specific to the Crusader class