So you are a druid and you want to use him for Magic find.
For Magic find it's best to use Spells for damage and wear Items with Magic find on it.
If you are a bear with a 2 hand weapon, you have a lot of life and damage but no space to wear mf items.
So my suggestion is :
Skill setup :
- Hurricane 20
- Twister 20
- Tornado 20
- Cyclon Armor 20
- Oak Sage 20
The last one to max is Cyclone Armor since it only gives a longer duration of your Hurricane and not more damage.
Stats are easy to set, if you wear a one hander and a shield, try to reach a good block rate. Skill as much str. as needed to wear your armor. and the rest goes to vitality.
All in all it should be around this at level 99 :
- 100-150 dex (goal to have max block 75%)
- 50 str
- 0 energy
- xxx vitality
this is what you skill, not what u have in the end.
Since you said you want to play solo and I don't know if you trade with someone I chose some cheaper and some expensive items.
- 1 raven to get not frozen and have a lot of dex.
- 1 blue ring with MF / Bul Kathos Weddings band / Stone of Jordan
- +3 Elemental skill Amu
- Any mf amu
- or expensive Tal rasha Amu + Belt for MF Bonus
- Peasent Crown for fun! Runspeed +1 skills and Mana - all you need / Shako for expensive build
- or a rare+2 Druide circlet with bonus like all resi / fast cast / life + mana
Expensive uniques : Ravenlore , Spirit Keeper
Spirit Sword Runeword made by TAL THUL ORT AMN , made in a small 4 sockets sword of flail for low str. req. ( +2 all skill , 25-35% faster cast rate etc. that what u need )
- Lidless Wall / Moser's Blessed Circle + 2 perf. diamons in it.
- Stormshield or later a monarch with 4s for the same runeword as in your weapon with same stats.
- Magefist for 20% fast cast
- Something with 40% runspeed to have some fun. Or rare one with resists + magic find.
That's up to you.
- Tal rasha belt for MF or later Spider web for +1 and 20% cast rate. Before that you can take what you find with MF life and resists. Faster hit recovery is as well nice!
- small charms with 20 life / 7 mf / 5 @ll resi are the goal. So for the beginning you keep all you charms you get which help you to level better. Here the best stats for charms
1*1 charms = 20 life / 5 all resi / 14 mana / 7% mf
2*1 charms = keep the ones with +5 stats on it, thats max per slot.
3*1 charms = +1 elemental skill
of course annihilus and gheeds unique charms are perfect to have but not easy to get in beginning.
For merc you always want to have an Act2 Merc with a big weapon. Etheral 4 Socket weapon with Insight in it would be good to have for a mana regen aura. Whatever Poleaxe you find with 4 sockets you can use at first just to get the aura.
runes you need : ral tir tal sol , easy to find. min level for insight is 27 i guess.
(I write all that from my head just to let you know...)
Act 2 Merc with Defense aura would be good to begin with. Later a2 on nightmare. depending on the weapon you have for him. As soon as you have a big etheral weapon for him, get the damage aura merc. So he kills the cold immunes on hell...
you know what :
I offer you a Teamspeak or Skype conversation, since I could write tooooo much here and I don't really know if you have the chance to trade with someone, have a d2 trade forum account or have friends who can give you better items, or if you really play solo without ANY other players in party. Or if you are always alone in game. That all changes something. From merc decsions to skill priorities.