As in the topic, how does it work / how much mana will you gain, having Mind over Matter?
Details about the question:
- An example for "X % of Damage taken Gained as Mana when Hit": Unique Mindspiral http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mindspiral abbreviated: %DtM
- Mind over Matter is a Keystone and grants: "When Hit, 30 % of Damage is taken from Mana before Life": http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter abbreviated MoM
To find the answer, the question is also: Which is calculated first %DtM or MoM?
- 100 incoming damage and we have no mitigation
- We have 10 % DtM
- We have MoM
There are 2 general possibilities which I see:
- %DtM first: 100 damage gets you 10 mana first, then deals 70 damage to life and costs 30 mana
- MoM first: 100 damage deals 70 damage to life and costs 30 mana, first. This results in 7 mana gained (10% of 70 damage to life)