I am trying to find the Amulet of Mara so I can get married, but I can't find it and it doesn't seem to be at any of the stores. Is there any specific place I can find it?
You can buy one from Maramal in Riften. He is usually in the Temple of Mara, and sells it for 200 gold. He also happens to be the guy who carries out the marriage ceremony, and explains the whole process before he'll sell one to you.
You can get the amulet from Quest, Chests, Merchants, Random Loot and some Places.
The Amulet of Mara can acquired from the quest The Book of Love:
- Quest Giver: Dinya Balu
- Location: Temple of Mara in Riften
- Prerequisite: Speak with Dinya Balu
- Reward: Agent of Mara blessing, Amulet of Mara
- Chests (general)
- Chests in:
- Mzinchaleft Depths (hidden room underwater)
- Blackreach (war quarters)
- Knifepoint Mine (in the shack with Boethia's Champion during the quest Boethia's Calling)
- Reachwind Eyrie
- Nchuand-Zel (Control Room)
- Fort Neugrad (outside)
- Temple of Mara in Riften: speak with Maramal about the temple's beliefs after you meet him in The Bee and Barb, and he will present you with the option to purchase one from him for 200 Gold
- Fort Dawnguard in Dayspring Canyon: Sorine Jurard may have one for sale
4. Random Loot
- Dwemer cabinets
- Random spawn as dungeon loot
- Dead Bandit (in a hay cart near a fire) in Northwatch Keep
- In one of the two dead Riften Guards in Shor's Watchtower before "meet the men" in the quest Compelling Tribute, as an Imperial
- Also may be found as loot for a dead or alive Whiterun soldier when fighting the first dragon in the main quest at the Western Watchtower
- Rarely, some Guards are wearing it, and it is able to be pickpocketed
- Bee and Barb (an inn in the town of Riften and in Riften's Temple Of Mara)
- Stormcloaks General (during the defense of Whiterun)
- In a tent along the coast northeast of Dawnstar (From the entrance of the Dawnstar Sanctuary (facing the door), go left and follow the beachline (you may encounter a few Horkers) until you see a battered tent, the amulet will be inside on the left bedroll. If taking the amulet, then returning after a few days, it might have respawned a new one)
- On the Emperor's ship, the Katariah
- Proudspire Manor in Solitude (after purchasing the upgrades)
- On the boat at Orphan's Tear (in a chest behind the table)
- Next to the word wall on Eldersblood Peak
- Inside the wooded structure inside Labyrinthian
- In one of the upstairs bedrooms during the "Diplomatic Immunity" quest when you're in the Thalmor Embassy
- In the Ansilvund Burial Chambers
- In Radiant Raiment within Solitude
- In Madesi's storage container with Madesi's ring during the mission A Chance Arrangement in Riften
NOTE: Looting and wearing the enchanted versions of the Amulet of Mara found on NPCs will not function like a regular Amulet of Mara until the player speaks to Maramal about marriage.
You can buy an Amulet of Mara in Riften in the Bee & Barb, and there will be a priest — talk to him. He sells it for 200 gold.
We're looking for long answers that provide some explanation and context. Don't just give a one-line answer; explain why your answer is right, ideally with citations. Answers that don't include explanations may be removed.
If you go the the Temple of Mara and talk to Dinya Balu, she will send you on a few easy quests. Afterwards, she'll give you an Amulet of Mara and you'll become an Agent of Mara which will give you a permanent +15% Resist Magicka.
protected by Community♦ Jun 11 '12 at 17:50
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?