I was curious to see if I could win the "Worst Game" award. It is surprisingly difficult. My typical approach is:
- Hire the worst employee I can find and fire the rest of my staff.
- Never train or level up my staff.
- Pick the worst people available for use in proposal, graphics, and sound challenges. Burn them out.
- Use Speed mode to develop the game.
- Use unpopular and low-level types and genres
- fail Boost challenges to create more bugs
- Ship immediately at 100% without fixing any bugs
I had a game that got 13 points from the reviewers and was released with so many bugs that it got pulled off the market and I had to pay refunds to customers. That wasn't enough to win the award.
My "best" worst game fell victim to a power outage at about 85% complete. All the stats were below 20 and graphics was below 10. It got a total of 9 points from the game reviewers. (2/2/3/2). That wasn't enough to win the award.
What does it take? I'm certain at this point that you can't win it by accident, but is it winnable at all?